Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Escaping the reality...

Hey there! My name is Alfred and just a few weeks ago I understood that things aren't goin right in my life... Don't get me wrong I have a pretty good job which I like a lot. I have good friends and a passionate girlfriend. But... it's all not the way I used to dream it to be when I was just a few years younger.

A few words about my background. I'm a college drop-out... I wanted to be a programmer, but then came this passion for CG and 3D animation and I thought I don't need the uni any more... I'm not sure so far if it was a good decision or if it was bad one. Anyway, mostly I don't regret it.

So back to the "few weeks ago" thing... I keep reading these lifestyle blogs (my favourite and actually the first blog of the kind that I subscribed to is Oscar's http://freestylemind.com/) and these guys showed me that there is another life! That u don't actually have to spend your whole day at the studio working as hard as u can EVEN if u're too young for a calm life. That there is much more about this world then work. They really inspired me!

In addition I never enjoyed having a boss (although I believe to be a really good employee). So I came up with this thought and vision of living a life where you do what you want whenever you want, make enough money for it and don't have this feeling of all the fun in the world simply passing by.

"Great!" one would say! It's a dream come true! But... how?! Good question. I actually realised that subconsciously I've been asking myself this question for the last 21 years... (which is my age BTW)
And here was the simple answer... I love doing animation and working with 3D graphics... I worship Apple!
I'm a geek! I'm good at self educating, self motivating and working without a team... I have programmer's background and although I'm not VERY experienced at it, I love this feeling of working with the code! So if you sum it all up (in my naive vision of the world) u get a perfect indie game developer of iOS, oh don't ya?!)) At least that's what i believe in and that's all that matters so far.

So I just understood that I need a blog just to report my progress. I believe it will make me stay more concentrated.
At this stage I'm collecting information and trying to develop a good action plan. It appeared to be harder then I thought, because there are lots of different ways you can make an iOS game...
In a few days I'll update you with the news about what I've found out.

No comments:

Post a Comment