Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

News Update after the holidays...


Hey there! First of all, Happy New Year! I'm not really a big fan of holidays, but who cares what I think. They still do happen every year and people keep on complaining that I forget to with them something.
I did't post here for long time. It's been hard days for me and our whole team at the studio where I currently work. We've finished the first feature animated movie in our country and the last days before the deadline were living hell. I've posted a few thoughts about that on my other blog.
As to our topic, I do have some news too, although as u might expect I didn't have enough time for it either. But the news are mostly good and pretty inspiring for me.
First of all the greatest event is that Epic has finally released the update of UDK that completely supports iOS. I'll post about all the great things they've added to the package in the December's release later. But what I’d like to mention right now is that, because of what I’ve learnt after a more in-deep study of the engine and analyzing our financial situation I’ve decided to choose UDK as the engine to develop on. And I’ve already mentioned that it doesn’t ask for good coding skills (in most of situations) and it takes only 99$ to start up.
Me and my friend, who’s also taking part in this quest of ours, came up with few ideas of games that we assume would work. I’m not telling you any details about the games so far, just because they’re too basic so far and need more work. But what matters is that we decided to try and have a ready game in one month since today. The game will be pretty simple and I don’t expect any big success of it. It’s just that I want to go through the whole process in order to improve my vision of this industry and market.
I also won’t spend too much time thinking of how can we make the first game better. I assume it’s smarter to “just do” it instead of spending weeks in brainstorming, redoing gameplay, visuals and animations. As they say “good is better then perfect” and I couldn't agree more. Of course someday I will (everyone will!) create the best game ever, but by now... Let’s just create a game...)
The day will come, when we’ll be independent... And it’s not so far from here...
Alfred

No comments:

Post a Comment